Friday, April 17, 2009

Monster in a [New] Box

I haven't posted to the blog this week because I have been busy migrating all of my accumulated data to a single, custom-designed database. In addition to creating a unified system for managing the data, I have expanded the number of titles from 2000 to 6600. The more extensive list of titles is an effort to reduce survivor bias by including those films that received only minimal theatrical release or no theatrical release at all. The majority of analysis overstates film's profitability because it fails to account for the cost of those films that earn no return whatsoever. The migration process should be complete by next Wednesday, and I am looking forward to resuming my research with this new, more powerful tool. Thank you to Arthur Vincie for his invaluable assistance programming the database.

No comments: